The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Thursday, September 21, 2006

On Studio Spaces




I have a small studio room in my house--here are a couple of views of the space. I tend to spill out into other areas of the house---because I like to work on handsewing, beading, or knitting while watching a movie or lsitening to a book on tape or visiting. When I paint, I always do it just in the studio room--because I have the most comfortable space for painting there. Every so often I entertain the notion of renting studio space outside the house--I used to have a nice big seperate studio---but the high costs of rents here in the Bay Area usually discourage me. Right now, I prefer the convenience of being at home--but I am always wishing for more roomier space.

No comments: