The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 Month-by-Month: A Calendar



Instructions -- Copy the first sentence that you posted in each month of 2006. Post it in the following format:

January
No blog yet...

Febuary
Welcome to my world of beading, knitting, drawing, painting---oh! and I like to play cards and read in my off time--when I'm not in the studio making things.

March:
Well, what a week! I participated in CODEPINK'S March 8th International Women's Day anti-war in Iraq demonstration on Wednesday.

April-May
Oh dear! no posts those months

June
Here you see two examples of some of my latest obsession--beading.

July
An artist friend said to me the other day--"You can use craft as fine art--but you have to make it cutting edge--and have some content to it."

August
"Gratitude for the gift of life is the primary wellspring of all religions, the hallmark of the mystic, the source of all true art....It is a privilege to be alive in this time when we can choose to take part in the self-healing of our world."
----Joanna Macy. I found myself thinking about gratitude this morning, and then came across this quote.

September
Today I went to the flea market---found some nice fabrics pretty cheap! here are a few photos from the market--just colors and images that caught my eye.

October
The NOT-TO-DO LIST for PROCRASTINATORS (like me)

November
Above are a couple of photos of outdoor sculpture from the Di Rosa Preserve, which I took on out outing yesterday.
http://www.dirosapreserve.org

December
Packages are in the mail...holiday cheer is in the air...I only wish for actual snow.




This is my Perpetual Monthly Animal Calendar (for the New Year), An original inter-active handpainted Calendar; the outer wheel turns to reveal 12 different animals---you can decide which animal you want to show up in which month. This is a perpetual "Calendar" which I really designed and painted more as fine art---painted in guache (opaque watercolors) on archival museum board, with copper trim. I also used some Prisma colored pencils --so this is a mix of guache and colored pencil, with ink outlines. The calendar measures 15" x 15". Animals depicted include: bear, whale, butterfly, racoon, seal, mountain lion, raven, deer, porcupine, mouse, skunk, and fox.

No comments: