The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm back ... and busy, busy (! ) playing catch-up, but I wanted to at least post some images from my trip---here is something I spotted in the kitchen in my host's peaceful home, a bright spot on the warm kitchen wall.


While in Seattle, we visited the new Seattle Art Museum Olympic Sculpture Park---much of this Park was still under construction--but it promises to be stunning when it is completed. My favorite part was where the path lead down to the beach--which had tons of driftwood for anyone and everyone to build their own driftwood sculptures---a sculpture play place in progress! This was a popular place for families, and I am sure the sculptures will be ever changing and evolving here.


As I said in my one traveling post, I have been knitting like a storm the past few weeks....I knit a square for Stitch Marker's afghan square Knit-along, and won a prize! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of the square I knit before I sent it off to her.

But, how about these baby bootees? still in progress...but almost done...they do look huge here--but fit the 9 month old they are intended for just perfect! Just need to finish the ribbing and knit the ties. This is simple quick knit up, so I will be knitting more---I can easily vary the size by using smaller or larger yarn, and it is nice pattern for using up those leftover scraps. Here the yarn is a soft mix of wool and angora--or wool, angora and cashmere.

1 comment:

karrie said...

Hi Aurora

I saw on Larissa's blog that you wona prize that is from me! But I haven't got your contact information yet... Drop me a line (see profile) so I can figure out where to send your prize!