The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Monday, March 19, 2007

Give Peace a Chance

PAPER CRANES: Prayers for Peace



On the 4th anniversary of the War in Iraq, I offer this thought for the day:

"Peace is more than the absence of war, violence, or conflict, though that is an important first step. Peace is a presence--the presence of connection.

Inner peace is about connection with our true and natural self, and a sense of being part of something larger. This connection gives rise to serenity, balance, and a feeling of well-being. We connect to the living spirit of life within us all, that allows us to know all people as our brothers and sisters, and every living being – including the earth – a relative."
~ Louise Diamond

(with THANKS to the blog Women, Art, Life : Weaving It All Together.)

That said, I plan to join my fellow humans today at a Vigil for Peace in Iraq at the Rockridge Bart Station (Oakland)at 5:30 pm. While I honor our troops this March 19th, I will also call on President Bush to do the same.
Honor their sacrifice. Stop the escalation. End the war now.

No comments: