The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Plaids


I have been spending quite a bit of time lately designing plaids in Photoshop--an assignment for my Fabric Design Classes, which hooked me in---so much fun seeing how this color blends with that color! So--here area few of them--I have many, many more---but I like these ones---at least today they are some of my favorites...tomorrow--who knows?





QUOTE FOR THE DAY:
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
Elizabeth Zimmermann, 1910-1999

4 comments:

jgodsey said...

purty

Anonymous said...

Amazing all the variations that can occur in plaids.

Mary Timme said...

I tried making up a plaid when I was weaving and it was pretty interesting when I finally got one that I felt worked. Isn't it amazing what happens when you are working with colors to make up plaids? I thought it was great fun and also semi-vowed never to do it again. For sure I'm not going to weave one again!

Robin said...

Yours is my new favorite blog! We have much in common, especially in best-liked authors. I love the Malvina Reynolds poem/lyrics, and that you put it on your blog with photos. What a marvelous sidewalk! Did you inscribe the words there? Also, I love your plaids... ooooh, how fun that course of study must be!!!!!

You seem to be a natural for Bead Journal Project"... I hope you'll have time to participate!