The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vision in the Night, or owl dreaming


OWLS --nocturnal, a bird of myth and mystery. The owl in some cultures is the symbol of the feminine, the moon, and the night. The ancient Greeks associated the owl with the Goddess Athena. This owl just grew from my pen one day while I doodled...sometimes I dream of owls, which are the eyes of the night, seeing what is not in the open....wisdom and secrets. Many consider the owl a bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom--so what does it mean when an owl inhabits my dreaming?

And the blue feathers? they just happened one day, also--bluebirds? blue jay? a feather is a symbol of balance and the wind....

No comments: