The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Elves are sewing !









The elves created this holiday ornament---yes, a small button wreath.










And I have been sewing and created few fun aprons for special gifts. I was much inspired by this book---which is a real treasure!


So here is a Holiday apron! with rickrack trim....



and here is a bib apron--with vintage hankies for the pockets....for this bib apron I just copied an old one I had that my dear departed mother-in-law made years ago......


I used a vintage button for trimming the neck strap---isn't this fun a retro fabric print? and brown is such a practical color for an apron...

and a brown vintage hankie for the pockets...

No comments: