The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Winter Holiday Children's Books

I think the Holiday Season should be a magical time for children---and this should include reading some books to the children in your life. I also have a fondness for lovely children's picture books about winter, Christmas, and the holiday season. Here are some of my favorites---they are good reads an all wonderfully illustrated.

I'm starting with my current favorite---I discovered this book when the author, Daniel Pinkwater, read this book aloud on NPR a few holiday seasons ago--the reading was so entrancing--I promptly went out a bought a copy. The illustrations by the author's wife, Jill Pinkwater, really enhance the story.


Next is the nicely illustrated rendition of Robert Frost's famous winter poem....


Third on my list is this endearing story by an Alaskan author and a well known Alaskan artist...


next, this classic--originally published in the Ladies Home Journal in 1958....


And then we have the pop-ups!





These are just few highlights from my small collection of holiday books---guess I will save some for next year! I recommend any of these if you are looking for a child's gift for the Holidaze.

No comments: