The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Friday, January 25, 2008

Finished Knitting! (creative every day)

SCRAPPY SLOUCH SOX


These slouchy sox are ok for just lounging around the house on a cold day...made from scraps of angora yarn and and some washable sock yarns---so when they came out too big around the ankles (I think I just knit too darn loose on these) they wouldn't really shrink..so they became"slouchy sox" to wear around the house---or with birkenstock sandals on a milder day. And yes, they don't really match! I did that on purpose--used the same yarns but made up the patterns as I knit along ---which is my prefered method of knitting lately, it seems...


LARRY'S HOLIDAY SURPRISE HAT
--the whole time I was knitting it for him, I kept telling him it was to donate to a charity--he was surprised when he unwrapped it that it was for him ;-) Lovely soft wool and gray angora yarn...I made up this pattern, which is based on a knit four, purl four, and then alternate the pattern after 4 rows.


Again--80% wool/20% angora yarn--I love these colors! This hat has a roll brim---and I just made up the patterns as I knit along...this hat is warm! size 7 needles, worsted weight yarn.

3 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I love those socks as they look so warm and cozy! Yum!

Leah said...

i just love those socks!! great colors!

jafabrit said...

I never thought I would say this about socks, but they are YUMMY. I love the patterns and colours.