The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Thursday, June 26, 2008

the SKETCHBOOK EXCHANGE

I'm participating in a SKETCHBOOK EXCHANGE--- started by artist Jim Doran ---where all the artists who signed up (13 of us) buy a new sketchbook (like a Moleskin) and draw on the first 7 or so pages then mail it off to the next person on the list---and when you receive someone's sketchbook you draw on the next 7 pages, then mail it on--until you receive your own sketchbook back.....so I will be drawing at least 7 pages in 13 different sketchbooks before we are through.

I realized today as I was drawing in the new sketchbook---how very little drawing I have been doing lately. So, this will be very good, for me since it will force me to draw...

Here is my first page---the entrance to my traveling sketchbook....(---I will be posting pages from these sketchbooks here from time to time..)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Mary-Frances said...

What a fabulous idea! I can't wait to see the rest of the books!

Mary Timme said...

I like it a lot. What a great idea! I really like the whole concept. Intriguing!

pamela said...

What a cool idea! Your little sketch book will be a real treasure when you get it back.