I live in California--which favors Obama--but if any of you dear readers live in swing state--please please get out there and talk to folks and call your friends and relatives and ask them--"do you want 4 more years of the same thing? a war that has given us the biggest national debt ever, tax breaks for the rich, the economy in a mess ?" and ask them if they plan to vote on election day.....
I'm posting these points from MOVE ON, not because I agree with them--but because I think we all need to consider them....
TOP 5 REASONS OBAMA SUPPORTERS SHOULDN'T REST EASY
1. The polls may be wrong. This is an unprecedented election. No one knows how racism may affect what voters tell pollsters—or what they do in the John McCain has gained ground in most national polls, as his campaign has gone even more negative.. And the polls are narrowing anyway. In the last few days,
2. . Republicans are already illegally purging voters from the rolls in some states. They're whipping up hysteria over ACORN to justify more challenges to new voters. Misleading flyers about the voting process have started appearing in black neighborhoods. And of course, many counties still use unsecure .
3. . In politics, 15 days is a long time. The next McCain smear could dominate the news for a week. There could be a crisis with Iran, or Bin Laden could release another tape, or worse.
4. Those who forget history... In 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote after trailing by seven points in the final days of the race. In 1980, Reagan was eight points down in the polls in late October and came back to win. Races can shift—fast!
5. Landslide. Even with Barack Obama in the White House, passing universal health care and a new clean-energy policy is going to be hard. Insurance, drug and oil companies will fight us every step of the way. We need the kind of landslide that will give Barack a huge mandate.
>If you agree that we shouldn't rest easy, please sign up to volunteer at your local Obama office by clicking here: