The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 13 : GRATITUDE

WATER WEEK : DAY 13



Ah! day of gratitude!

For months now--every evening I have been making a list of everyone/everything I am grateful for. This gratitude list making each day helped me through the darkest times...it was a daily reminder that I have a pretty good life no matter how emotionally miserable I was.

However, I had not taken the next step suggested by Linn ---"Make a list of the things you are not grateful for. Now take each one of these and try to find a way you can be grateful for it." In this way I could transform : I am not grateful for being forced to move INTO I am grateful I moved out because now I am a stronger person !!! ----reframing how we think is so powerful! I am grateful I moved out because now I am a stronger person.

I want to share a wonderful website I stumbled across about 2 years ago---and since then I receive daily via e-mail "WORD FOR THE DAY"---an inspiring quote from GRATEFULNESS.ORG. I find this empowering--being greeted by a positive quote in my e-mail each morning---this can set a positive tone for the whole day.

Gratefulness.org : "Our international nonprofit organization provides resources for living in the gentle power of gratefulness, which restores courage, reconciles relationships, and heals our Earth. " If you have never heard of this website--do check it out---it is a wonderful resource for positive thinking. When you do go there--be sure and check out the virtual Labyrinth---a nice quiet meditative experience.

Today's Quote : (received this morning in my inbox from Gratefulness.org)

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." --Thomas Edison

10 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

It sounds like you are ahead of the game when it comes to making lists for what you are grateful for. My move has made me very angry but now I am seeing how strong I can be. I'm still angry but at least I'm finally getting some clarity. Hugs!

Lisa said...

What a great website you have turned us on to - now I add you and your post to things I am grateful for today :)
Gotta go play with that labrynith now!

Anonymous said...

Your habit of journaling your blessings is a habit! congratulation. And thank you for the link to that website, what a great thing to pass along!
Peace~
Dawn

Miss Robyn said...

gratitude is a wonderful thing.
I am amazed at how I could find a reason to be grateful for those things that i struggle with.. well nearly all, except the lack of sleep!
have a wonderful weekend xoxo

Mary Timme said...

Generally when we are unhappy about something it is because we are sceued (I think I just made that word up!) on the wrong point of the process! This is just part of the process. Have a great time right now!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you for the labyrinth! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the quote, the website and your strength. I rejoice for you.

gma said...

Cool picture!!!!I am going to check out that website. It sounds interesting.:-)

Jamie Ridler said...

It's so funny. I heard that Thomas Edison quote somewhere else today too! Thank you for sharing gratefulness.org!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the site and the quote for the day. Blessings, Nicole x