The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

New Day Dawning


There have been several times in my life when I wanted to create or do something so much that I really believed it would happen if I just kept sending the desire out into the universe and then stayed very aware of the hints or help that came my way.

I believe in two things: "way will open" and "follow your dreams"---and recently these two beliefs have been re-enforced by the way my plans for resuming textile design school ( at the California School of Professional Fabric Design) this fall just keep falling into place. In order to afford to live in the Bay Area and attend school and only work part time---I needed to find very affordable (ie. cheap) housing.

So, I sent out an e-mail to all my Bay Area contacts saying I planned to return there to resume school--and I was looking for a room to rent in exchange for part time personal chef work, or yardwork or housework--and guess what?? I found the perfect place!!! thanks to good friends...

So, as my plans fall into place, I am reminded that when you follow your dreams, way will open....deep down inside I know I will be a terrific textile designer and that I will find that perfect design job....

After all, as a friend reminded me recently--my very name (Aurora) means "new dawn"

faith
noun
1) complete trust or confidence in someone or something : this restores one's faith in the universe
2) a strongly held belief or theory : faith that life will support your dreams

"Leaps of faith can put us in a new spot we couldn't see from where we stood before." --SARK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got to love how creation works! way to go. . . you will be a terrific textile designer, no doubt.
Peace~
Dawn