The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

B is for BROOCH

brooch, noun.
an ornamental pin having the point fastened by a catch; broach. Brooches are often made of gold, silver, or with jewels. Originally brooches were worn as a fastening for clothing.


These BROOCHES were fun to make---a nice "scrap buster"--a way to use up small left-over bits of colorful yarns...and very quick to crochet up!!!- I sewed a pinback to each one so they can be pinned onto your sweater, coat or hat to add some cheer....

I may make a few of these to sell on ETSY...I was thinking green and red ones for the holiday season would be fun...


6 comments:

Granny Smith said...

These are beautiful shown together like this.

Kelly said...

These are so sweet!

Unknown said...

ooh, these brooches are gorgeous!!
I feel like making brooches too :D

Jennifer said...

Oooh Yes!
I love these!
I'll be watching for the holiday editions on Etsy.

Jennifer

Judy Hartman said...

So, so pretty!!

Nadya said...

These are adorable - and what a fun way to use up scraps!
I just finished reading my friend Ellie's 'One Handful of Earth' (novel featuring a Scotts healer/midwife during the Higland Removals) & I can just see 'Bella' fastening her shawl with something similar