The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Monday, July 12, 2010

On the Needles

I do have some time for knitting here in the wilds of Alaska....and so have two pairs of socks "in progress"...

this pair---"Pattie's socks"--- are knit from lovely handspun, hand dyed wool from Spincycle Yarns in Bellingham, Wa...unfortunately one skein of this lovely yarn may not be enough to make 2 socks--so I knit the top of the leg--down to the heal, and now I'm knitting the top of the second sock--- I may have to use a totally different wool yarn for the feet part of the socks...


and this pair --"Bonnie's socks"---I have used scraps of wool, mohair and angora...the brown tweedy wool is re-cycled from a garaged saled hand knit sweater I unraveled..

today has turned into a beautiful sunny day--so I'm now off to pick salmonberries....

No comments: