The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Friday, October 29, 2010

Re-vamped Crazy Quilt Purse


My friend Debbie in Alaska made this purse for me eons ago---I used it so much I literally wore it out. So recently I added some trims to cover the worn fabric areas on the edges and a new strap...voila! purse is back in business. What do you think?

I have always loved crazy quilts---I love the crazy fabrics and all the embroidery. I get plenty of compliments on this purse when I use it...even if my two lovely daughters do think it looks too awfully "hippy dippy"---who cares? When it comes to fashion I just go with what I like...not what is the current trend. This purse has a zipper closure, hence it is very practical for a city. I made the strap out of a strip of a vintage quilt top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I like it!
Hippy dippy is a guaranteed sell for me. I love color and texture so that is where its at. You did great and are gonna have more years of great wear from that purse. Go YOU!
Peace~
Dawn