The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Sunday, May 22, 2011

From my hood tagger t-shirt

I created this T-shirt for my son-in-law from my IN THE HOOD textile design. I created this design by walking around my (then) Berkeley neighborhood and photographing all the tags (grafitti) on sidwalks, stop sign, walls, garbage cans--once I started this process I began noticing tags all over the 'hood---quite amazing really. I lived in a rather upscale hood in the Berkeley hills--yet here was all this grafitti art everywhere!

Next I took my photos into Photoshop and played around with them until I created this design...
Then I had the t-shirt printed at Zappos.com....if you want one, just e-mail me! the price varies depending on the quality of the t-shirt. My son-in-law says he gets quite few comments on this t-shirt when he wears it.

3 comments:

Cowgirl Red said...

Very very very cleverly creative! Terah. From CED

Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

great idea! it turned out really nice. Kristen from CED

laurie said...

now this is cool,, I just found you today,,