The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Thursday, April 05, 2012

I know nothing about geese

by Maya Stein

I know nothing about geese, only saw them landing
at the outer edge of the pond sometime around noon
while I was walking the perimeter of the field in orange sandals.
I want to say they were “gliding” or something that says I understand
the way of birds, but I can’t say I saw how they honed in on that particular
patch of water, don’t know how, en masse, they agreed to take a break,
only that they did, and had begun a slow canoe looking for what,
I imagine, to be lunch. I was hungry and went inside to eat. Look how even without
the language to tell it, a story begins to tell itself, find threadlines and affinities.
I, too, understand nourishment. I, too, know my own wings. 

  
 April is National Poetry Month! here is  a link to poet Maya Stein's blog....enjoy ;-)

No comments: