The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Monday, March 05, 2012

On the Needles

On my needles are a couple of projects---first a baby sweater in blues and brown soft wool. Here you can see the yoke and the start of one sleeve....

and here is the sleeve...this sweater will fit a toddler when finished....



and also I am knitting a sweater for myself! using some bright colored Noro yarn and lovely REMIX--a yarn made of recycled fibers...in a denim blue. This is one sleeve....the main part of the sweater is blue with this zigzag Nora  edge all around....just like this sleeve. Th       is is a cardigan---will post photos once it is finished....
            


and FINISHED project--- an all angora frilly scarf...qick to knit and very very warm--in fact right now in Seattle it is too warm for our rainy winter weather...my neck actually got too hot when I wore this!


but I love how this feels around my neck...angora is my fave fiber to wear....so if we get any more cold winter weather (doubtful, but you never know...) this will be great...otherwise I will sure wear it next winter.

What's on your needles???

No comments: