The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Monday, February 19, 2007

Beaded ATC

Here is a beaded Artist Trading Card I made while visiting and playing a year or so ago (oh my! I think it was 2 years ago now--how time flies)--my friend Kari's wonderful fine art/craft studio in Sitka, Alaska. Kari & I planned a 3 day mini "artist retreat"--we asked her husband to take her kids camping and we just played and created in her studio for 3 days. Heaven! she has a huge fabric stash--an extra sewing machine--and the beader (me) learned she actually loved sewing.


This is the front of an ATC I call "Midnight Sun" in honor of Kari as dedicated Mother.


And here is the back, painted in guache.

Every time I talk to Kari--we say we need to do another mini artist retreat--I am sure hoping I can make it up to Sitka sometime in the next year to play with her.

2 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Hi Aurora,

I liked your post on Lone Beader and decided to visit your blog. I lived outside of Fairbanks during the 3 years of building the pipeline and had a couple of small children there. It was an interesting place and we all suffered from culture shock when we came back to the 'lower 48.'
I liked you ATC's and am going to look at more of your posts.

The Lone Beader said...

HI Aurora!! Thanks for stoppin by my blog. That first beaded ATC is awesome. Lata, D