The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bit by the Sewing Bug




Home again and caught the sewing bug! so here is my first effort---a new grocery bag! I printed the text on my computer using jacquard inkjet fabric (you can get this ----or a similar product---at any art supply store), and the bag is lined with some vintage fabric. I think I will make a few more of these--using my fabric stash---for gifts....

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Brilliant bag!

Mary Timme said...

I love this idea as I hate buying bags of the cloth variety. I think I'll do this too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Beth in the Fake Plastic Fish Tank said...

Is the ink jet printing washable? I've never heard of this. Looks good.

Beth