The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Friday, August 17, 2007

Rag Mens Style


The reason I haven't posted for a few days--I have been up in Bellevue, Washington at the opening party for my daughter's new store: RAG Mens Style. Serenity Wallen, Apryl McCarthy, and Gabriel Walton have opened Bellevue’s latest elegant men's clothing shop.

In their words: "Our mission is to revitalize men's wardrobes by revisiting the timeless sophistication of contemporary men's dress. RAG’s unique decor—a fifty-five inch flat screen, shoeshine chair, pool table, and a masculine ambiance--compliments our varied apparel, which ranges from denim to suits. RAG’s extensive study of men’s wear and outstanding customer service encourages a debonair lifestyle.

Our expert sales associates create confidence by educating on the best color combinations and accessories to put the finishing touches on your overall look. RAG’s mission is not to sell the most trendy or coolest clothes of the season. We want RAG men to develop their style, and take home pieces that will last more than a season—exquisite clothing which will turn into a collection with an awareness that will last a lifetime. "

Apryl, Gabriel and Serenity with Duncan Quinn.

RAG features New York based suit designer Duncan Quinn offering ready to wear and bespoke attire. Stockholm based designer, J Lindeberg provides suits as well as a variety of casual wear and denim that compliments Est. 1887, True Religion, and Stich’s. Tasteful dress shoes are offered by England based Jeffry West.


My daughter Serenity, with her friend Kyle. Kyle is wearing a suit designed by Duncan Quinn.







The opening kick-off party was a blast!!!---we all wish them well in their new endeavor, which is off to a very good start.

1 comment:

Mary Timme said...

Oh my! I hardly manage to keep the body covered let alone worry about women's fashion and who thinks of men's fashion. Well, obviously those ladies do! Good for them. I admire people who do things that go right over my head! I wish them well!