The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Monday, February 02, 2009

We Heart You!

This weekend my daughter, Serenity, drove down from the Seattle area for a visit--so Kesia (other daughter--I have only two;-) and I dug out all the crafty materials we could find and we all sat down together and made valentines--something we had not done since they were little girls! So--now all adults, we laughed alot and played around and had a fun time creating together---I am of the belief that all families should do art/crafts together, as well as sing together.

Growing up in a home with a Mom who was always making something gave them a love of creativity, also...when we homeschooled the girls (which we did until Kesia entered 5th grade, and Serenity entered 2nd grade) their Dad taught them to read and do math and Mom did "art" and baking with them (of course).

Here are just a few of the valentines we made....










I encourage you, dear reader, to get out some paper and glue and other crafty suppies and make some valentines--then send them to people in your life you really care about....

4 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely selection of cards, I really like the 'naughty' one and the one with the stamps, i've got a lot of stamps i want to sue in crafts, so that was particualrly interesting to see

Omniamare said...

I love your Valentines! I've been thinking about making some this year and now you've inspired me. Hannah and I just started to write Omniamare but we're loving it and excited to continue. I'm glad you liked it! Love, L.

Timaree said...

Thumbs up! Great job all of you. Store bought just doesn't compare to these.

Carole Baker said...

You've inspired me to make a card for someone I love. Thanks