The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sewing: a brush holder

My friend Cherie travels to India most summers and she was carrying her precious brushes for painting in a plastic bag. I made this cloth brush holder for her...to have something pretty to carry the brushes in and to protect them. This was a fun sewing project which I just kind of made up as I went along.....Cherie assures me it works well.

the outside of the brush holder--I love this fabric...

the inside of the brush holder... I put the ties on it so she could roll it up..
so here it is rolled up ready to tuck into her suitcase....
(and thanks Cherie for these great photos!)

1 comment:

merrytait said...

Very nice--I made myself one of these, but it's not quite this pretty!

I want to make anoher one, becasue there are a few design flaws--it works OK, but now I can make it better--but I am having trouble with my sewing machine.