The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wreaths.....

A few crafty wreaths from around the net....






Every Christmas for many years I would go out into the woods around my house and  cut cedar branches to make fragrant wreaths...usually we had a wreath making day and many of the women in our small town (pop. maybe 60-80? in the winter) would all get together in our community hall and make wreaths...then we would send them in on the mailplane to the Pioneer Home in Sitka for all the elders to enjoy. Sometimes I really miss those community activities. I haven't really lived here in my new home in a new (to me) city long enough to have a community to create wreaths with...but I certainly have some great ideas for wreath making (next year) now !

No comments: