The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Welcome Baby Boy Jasper !


Jasper Killian Micheletti emerged into this world on August 19th at 7:30 am...his Auntie --Serenity---was there through out the whole labor and birth, with Grandma Aurora arriving soon after (1 1/2 hours later)---flying in from the Bay Area. Momma, Pappa and baby are all doing fine! Isn't he a cutie with all that thick dark hair?
So --I am in lovely green and moist (it has been raining--something it very rarely does this time of year in Berkeley) Portland, Oregon for a few weeks--helping out. I get to hold the newborn (such a treat!) and cook and wash clothes and dishes...and just be wise (old?) resident Grandma (!) who can answer all those new baby & breastfeeding questions.
I am going to be trying to blog more regularly for the few weeks I am here--so do check back for some nice images of the sketches I am creating for my SKETCHBOOK SWAP, and even some photos of Portland!
Oh--and do also check out the great new BLOG my son-in-law Dustin has started to write about his parenting/fatherhood experience...FROM OLD TO YOUNG. In addition to his amusing and witty take on new fatherhood--he has posted some nice photos of the baby and family members.

6 comments:

Mary Timme said...

He is a beautiful baby and has enough hair that he may need a cut soon. Are new borns fun when you aren't the new Mom? Have a wonderful time.

Terry Grant said...

Oh what a precious little guy! He is beautiful. Enjoy your Portland time with him.

Scribbit said...

Oh congratulations, he's just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That's one adorable kid, and a great name!

Jody said...

Congrats - he's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous new grandson. My sister (also my best friend) had her first baby, my first niece on August 17th and I'm really enjoying being on hand with the breastfeeding and general baby advice.

I hope he brings you and your family much joy.