The ruminations of an artist on art & life...art quilts, beading, knitting, drawing, painting, printmaking, bookmaking are all my passions, I love to explore creating....

Friday, April 29, 2011

Off and On the Needles

 Off the needles : a sweater for little grandbaby Aram--due to arrive in less than a month!! Washable wool...this sweater will have a zipper closure(soon;-) This is Elizabeth Zimmerman's TOMTOM sweater pattern from the timeless book KNITTING WITHOUT TEARS. I used the same pattern over 30 years ago to make a sweater for the baby's Mother out of yarn I handspun.

 and still on the needles: a baby blanket.....for one of the two grandbabies due soon...

 and of course socks on the needles....

 and another pair of socks on the needles...

 and a lovely blue scrappy afghan...crocheted--for when I'm tired of knitting. I love this ripple pattern and decided to use up all the blue yarn scraps I had...
too darn much yarn and too little time...what is a knitter to do? 
Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either."--Elizabeth Zimmerman

1 comment:

B @ Sweet Limes said...

That little sweater is darling and beautiful all in one! How precious is it going to look on a wee one?!